Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Audio Project: The Tell Tale Heart


The Tell-Tale Heart


For this project we were faced with the creation of an audio project. I decided to do a rendition of the Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe. I have a small recording set up for voice work. This includes a Blue Yeti microphone and a large box with lined with sound proof padding. I used Audacity for the initial recording. Using it's tools to normalize the sound and reduce background noise. I also used it's echo tool for parts of the narration. I toyed around with the idea of using audacity to mix the sound effects and music but eventually settled on wevideo since that app already provides the user with a nice library of free and open source sounds. So, I added some effects and music, threw together a graphic, using google slides for the bloody text, and Hipstomatic for the rest and there it was! It was late, so I neglected to perfect the opening transition... I tried remedying this using the Youtube editor. I think it came out alright.





No comments:

Post a Comment