Sunday, December 6, 2015

Week 12

This week I began putting My mini course together. After the initial outline I found the task of creating the course to be more difficult than I had imagined. Particularly I was struggling with a balance of introducing the concept of Proficiency-Based Learning as well as give an overview of the Haiku learning management system. I think I ended up with general overview of both the concept and the ability of Haiku to aid in it's facilitation.

 I decided to use the "read, watch, do" type of lesson structure as it seems like the best way to keep content and assessments as simple as possible while still providing for some depth. As I began to create the first unit I struggled to find material to use for the read section that was brief bu thorough. Eventually I settled on using the resources provided on the VT department of ed website. I also decided to try a quick activity where students must evaluate for relevancy and pick and choose 3 readings out of 9. I used Haiku's poll feature as a way of recording choices.

 To complete the unit students will need to participate in an online discussion. I will next need to create some sort of introductory video that shows how, as an enrolled student, your efforts are recorded in the standards based gradebook. I also created some badges that can be earned after mastering the standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment